Friday, November 18, 2011

Madison Rae

Tonight we were at The Shoppes in Chino Hills watching the annual lighting of the Christmas tree, accompanied by Santa and California's version of snow and I couldn't help but watch my oldest baby and think....she isn't such a baby anymore! She is so adorable, sassy, funny, smart, and independent.  Every day she amazes me. Steven swears she's a mini version of me! She is feisty, stubborn, a bit of a perfectionist, and strong-willed.....I guess just a little like her mommy!

She cracks me up with our nightly routine, it has to be EXACTLY the same, EVERY night.  We brush her teeth, read 2 books in bed (usually the same 2 books for weeks at a time, even though she has hundreds), say our prayers, and sing songs (3 songs, in the same order, every night).  First, its "You are My Sunshine" I sing it, then she sings it.  Next, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" again I sing first, and then her. And lastly "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" which is our favorite-we even do the hand motions. Then we talk a little bit about our day and what fun things tomorrow has in store.  She is so precious.  I thank God for her every day.  I don't know where I would be without her to constantly challenge me and make my days so much brighter.

I love you Miss Madison, and can't believe my little blue eyed baby girl is almost 3 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment