Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Trip to the Griffith Observatory

For those of you who know Steven and I, you know that Steven is pretty easy to please.  He is perfectly content hanging around the house, lounging our summer away.  I, on the other hand, am a busy body and HAVE to do something every day.  Most of our summer days I drive Steven crazy with my "What are we going to do today?" or "Let's go here" comments.  So when we woke up one Tuesday morning during the first week of summer and Steven said, "Hey babe, lets take the girls to the Griffith Observatory!" I jumped at the chance to get out and go.


Steven LOVES anything to do with astronomy and it just so happened that Tuesday was "The Transit of Venus" an event that I knew NOTHING about, but Steven had been researching.  So we packed the girls in the car and headed to LA to watch Venus transit across the Sun-an event that won't happen again until 2117-a true once in a lifetime experience. When we got there I was a little skeptical.  The place was packed, which meant we had to park about a mile and a half away and truck the girls up a windy road with no sidewalk but I am really glad I "went with the flow" and didn't complain.  We had a great time and the girls did great....minus Maddie's 5 minute, no reason meltdown right when we got there. I had never been to the Observatory before and it was really neat, complete with some amazing views AKA photo opts for me!


Maddie & Daddy 
 The View
 The Observatory
 <3 Our Family <3
 In Front of the Observatory...the start of Madison's meltdown!
 Meltdown (caught by Daddy while waiting in line for glasses)
Sorry Miss Maddie but we will show your boyfriend this in 25 years!
 Brooklyn and I w/ our Solar Shades!
 Meltdown Over...Our Happy Maddie is Back!
 Hanging on the Grass!
 Maddie watching "The Transit"
 ....and Daddy!
 Momma and her Beautiful Girls!
 Silly B!
 Family Shot!
 ...and another!
 Brooklyn and I w/ The Hollywood Sign in the Back
 and another
 Daddy teaching Maddie about the planets
 Baba Break for B
 Posing w/ Einstein!
 The Girls could have played w/ this statue ALL day!
 Maddie & Einstein!
 Lounging!
 Maddie Girl!
 Baby B!
 Love this little one so much!
 The view of the observatory as we made our way back to our car!

Happy Transit of Venus Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment